Duties include but are not limited to the following: Troubleshoots and repairs Electronic and Electrical equipment. Repairs Scale’s and like systems. Aids Production Mechanics When Technical support is needed. When required weekend and overtime work. Other duties as assigned.
60% involvement with operations of the plant processing equipment and scale systems.
10% Projects ie., to improve operation efficiency & safety of plant processing
10% Food safety, Health safety, & technical training to employees
10% Daily staff meeting with maintenance supervisor, management, & associates detailing plant operations, improvements, projects, etc.
5% Assists parts manager in insuring an adequate supply of parts is maintained.
5% Complete corrective maintenance work orders, preventive maintenance work orders
1. View all areas of plant processing equipment
2. Review process schedule.
3. Aid production mechanics when troubleshooting electronic and electrical issues
4. Assess all downtime situations and notify maintenance Supervisor /maintenance Manager of any major problems
5. Review work orders and preventive maintenance work orders and prioritize.
6. Meet with relief personnel to discuss previous shift situations or any major problems
7. Review shift operations with Supervisor.
8. Conduct Repairs and Preventative maintenance on scale systems.
9. Maintain scale check and calibration work lists.
10. Maintain calibration on scale systems with state and local authorities.
11. Installation, modification and repair to all electrical/electronic devices.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.