The primary function of this position is to clean, maintain and sanitize production machines, equipment, tools and work areas according to a set schedule and in emergency and non-emergency situations ensuring GMP and quality standards are met to maintain an efficient flow of the production process.
• Promptly at the start of the shift review the work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled and prepare for operations.
• Prepare machinery for cleaning, remove remaining materials from the machines and floors and place in the proper containers.
• Remove totes and other containers from the machine area, close valves, open doors, lids, drains and water valves.
• Breakdown, disassemble and / or loosen nuts, screws, belts, remove machine parts, conveyors, guard rails, lids, doors and guards.
• Blow down the production equipment, conveyors and machinery with the compressed air tool as required.
• Scrape material from the machine parts, shovel excess into totes and soak parts as needed
• Obtain and apply the appropriate cleaning and sanitizing solution, apply foam to the surfaces, scrub surfaces and parts.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.