The Taste of Smithfield Restaurant
The Cook is responsible for accurately and efficiently preparing, seasoning and cooking all menu items in accordance with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies nad procedures. Also performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate prepartion including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for menu item plates.
Position is located in Smithfield, Virginia. No relocation offered, must provide own transportation.
This is not a general laborer position in the Plant.
* Prepares food in accordance with food safety preparation guidelines to include cooking temperatures and times and presents food on the plate in a generally pleasing fashion.
* Follows recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving & serving food items to include soups, sandwiches, meats, vegetables & other menu products.
* Inspect kitchen prior to beginning cooking to ensure up to standard regarding food safety guidelines, inspects all food items before use for any sign of cross contamination or spoilage.
* Handles, stores, labels, & rotates all products properly & in accordance to applicable state laws.
* Keeps kitchen free of health code violations.
* Estimates expected food consumption; then requisitions or purchases supplies, or procures food from storage.
* Consults with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs & special event needs.
Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.; ability to bend, twist & stand for long periods of time; frequently works with sharp knives, utensils, & hot plates.
Frequently works in hot environment; must wear approved uniform, clean non-slip shoes & socks, hairnet or hat.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.