The Category Development Manager (CDM) will help Saratoga develop and earn a “trusted adviser” status with key, strategic customers and works closely with sales teams to help customers grow their sales and profits utilizing solution based approaches. Analyzes data from various sources to uncover opportunities and insights and to leverage fact based information to win in the marketplace. Leverages experience and knowledge of category management processes to support the execution of Saratoga strategies and tactics that drive top line and bottom line growth for our company. Supports and works primarily with National Account Managers to facilitate the creation of fact based. Frequently interfaces with the customer to represent the category management” within our company, makes recommendations, and turns insights into action. Responsible for category pricing and managing the commercialization of all new products within the category. We provide direction to cross functional team to insure success with the customer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Marketing, Business Administration or related field and 5+ years of Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience in sales, marketing, category management or trade marketing; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• MBA, preferred.
• Experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management or experience managing retailer categories required.
• 3+ years of experience with syndicated data (IRI, Nielsen, etc.), required
• Demonstrated mastery of category management processes and quantifiable, success as a category captain, validator, etc. Knowledge of assortment tools and planogram software, preferred.
• Must be highly proficient in MS Power Point and Excel, plus syndicated data tools & applications.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to prioritize projects and produce high quality and quantity outputs that adds value to the company, required.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, required.
• Travel up to 10%.
• Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 43,000 U.S. team members and 16,000 European employees are dedicated to producing “Good food. Responsibly.®” and have made us one of the world’s leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in U.S. company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield®, Eckrich® and Nathan’s Famous®, among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.