Must have basic knowledge of General Maintenance, Hydraulic Systems, Electrical and Electronic Systems, and Welding (TIG,MIG). Must be able to operate and repair at least 2 different types of forklifts. Technician must be able to work as a team or individually. Must comply with all Company SAFETY rules (LOCKOUT/TAGOUT, ETC) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) at all times.
1. Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
2. Cost Consciousness – Conservers organizational resources.
3. Ethics – Treat people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others.
4. Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
5. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
6. Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
7. Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent;
2. 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training;
3. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
2. Must have the ability to read and interpret documents, such as blue prints, safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals.
3. Must have the ability to write routine correspondence.
4. Must have the ability to calculate figures, read tape measurement, and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and machine or equipment calibration specifications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGRISTATIONS:
Any that may apply (for example: EPA Certification, Electrician License, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.